Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have codes L5501 & L55F5

Customer Question
I have codes L5501 & L55F5
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
10/14/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 2 years ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

What procedure did you use to retrieve these codes. They don't appear to be valid diagnostic codes.

Let me know how these codes were retrieved and we can go from there..

Thank you,

Robert

Hello, I see you replied to me but opened a new question. I closed it as a duplicate. Here is your reply:

"robert we read the codes with a snap-on xolus scanner.I changed a right rear wheel speed sensor and cleared computer.I hit a cug-hole and it went into limp gear a couple of days later."

Did you scan the vehicle again after the light came back on? If so can you post the most current codes. Please include the description of the code also. The Dodge Service information goes by the description for abs codes. Also the DRBIII scanner does not report the codes as you posted above, they report the codes as the long description....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Please reply on this same post, No need to open a new question each time you reply....

Thank you...

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Here is some service information for the two codes you posted. From these codes, it appears that the ABS module needs to be configured or it has an internal failure and needs to be replaced. Either way, the configuration MUST be performed using the DRBIII scanner (Dodge Scanner) with the Sprinter Multiplexer and the Green Interface card. Your Snap On Scanner is not likely capable of performing the Configuration procedure.

Click Here to view CAN Communication Error Service Information.

Click Here to View Parameterization Error Service info.

If you need additional info, connector pin charts, diagrams, etc, let me know, I'm sure I can round up this info to help your diagnosis....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer!

Thank you!

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master