Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge stratus 97 sometimes won't start. acts like battery is…

Dodge stratus 97 sometimes won't...
Dodge stratus 97 sometimes won't start. acts like battery is bad and other times cranks but won't start. Eventually after I try enough times it turns on or if I give it a jump
9/29/2015
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are able to get the car to start with giving it a jump then I would start with having the battery load tested to make sure it does not have a bad cell. If it has a bad cell it will hold a surface charge but will not have enough power to crank the engine. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Today which is a rainy day here the card hasn't had a problem what so ever I will check the battery voltage when I get a chance sadly I have another car that was involved in a hit and run accident and in the process of being repaired so I'll have to work between both cars

Not a problem, I'm here if you need me.

Thank you I have a update I went in to work and only been in for a hour and the car litteraly is dead I'm at this point believing it is the battery hitting the bad cells would you say so?

It sure does sound like that , the place to start is to have the battery load tested . That will determine if its bad.

ok im going to get a battery for it tomorrow
ill have tthe place diagnose the battery to clarify

Yes that would be the correct thing to do just to be sure. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Never mind I left the headlights on this time

That would sure do it. If it returns then you still should have the battery tested.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician