Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

Got a 2003 dodge stratus se 2.7L v6. I am looking wiring

Customer Question

got a 2003 dodge stratus se 2.7L v6. I am looking for a wiring diagram for the EATX circuit. got a p0888 code on
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Here's the schematic below. If the wiring checks out, you are looking at a bad PCM.

Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Heres the other half:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a flow chart to check the p0888 code. I am trying to find the issue and have pretty much just been scratching my head
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Yes, here's that info:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am getting power to the relay with the key off. The car has been throwing the code and going into limp mode intermittently but now it is stuck in limp mode and won't come out. Any advice on finding the issue?
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

The computer closes the relay. using pin 4 it allies positive signal to that pin. If that wire is good all the way up to the computer then the computer is bad. Its actually very common for this code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The relay wasn't clicking at all when i would turn the key so i put a jumper wire from the ground on the relay to the battery ground and with the relay pushed partially in place with ground jumped the relay was working. I need to find the ground location for the EATX relay.
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Can you take apart the box where the relay is plugged in and see the ground wire?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took it apart and found the bad ground and put the car back together but now I am getting a p1698 code pending and the spedometer and the insturment cluster isn't registering when I shift gears. Do you think this could be another ground issue cause the grounds look bad on this car
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Try this:

Check for B+ feeds at pins 11 and 56 at the Transmission Control Module (TCM) .
Power up a light off 11 and 56 and use the grounds at 53 and 57

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried lighting up a test light and i got a bright light to 11 and 56 but when i went to ground side i got a very weak light on 53 and nothing on 57 I am going to repair the whole ground cluster below the tcm and see what happens that is where the problem is coming from. I will repair it tommorrow and let you know how I make out. Thank you
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome!

Looks like you found something. Its amazing how many wiring problems come up.