-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I'm putting in another yoke in my Chrysler 9.25. The yoke

Customer Question

I'm putting in another yoke in my Chrysler 9.25. The yoke I'm putting in is the round one that has 4 bolts to connect to driveshaft. I have no play back and forth and the pinion nut is flush with pinion. I don't know how far back this particular yoke goes in. Help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Measure pinion turning torque before removing, then remove yoke and install new one and set it to original turning torque. If you have already removed it and didn't measure you can try to tighten it as much as you can with a 1/2 ratchet because it takes 650-850 ft/lbs to begin crushing the crush sleeve.. But to be honest since you didn't measure it will be best to replace the crush sleeve and retorque the pinion to 35in/lbs for old pinion bearings..

I hope this helps,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

If you don't need anymore assistance I would appreciate a positive rating,

Brad