Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE with an ABS light

I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE with an ABS light coming on at times. The ABS codes are C100A and C1015 (front wheel speed sensor circuit). These codes are history codes, not current. On a test drive both front sensors seem to be reading correctly.
There is also a P0455 stored in the PCM and the ABS light and engine light seem to come on at the same time. I know that on some GM vehicles if the PCM sets certain codes it will cause the ABS/Traction Control lights to come on. What should i look for with
the ABS codes or is it possible the ABS light is coming on due to the P0455?

Hello!

On a Chrysler the ABS and Check Engine lights are not tied to each other. From your description the ABS sensor for the front right wheel is going out. The p0455 is an EVAP problem which can be a hole in a line or leak in the top of the fuel tank or the leak detection pump worn out. You want to do a smoke test to see if the EVAP is leaking first. If that passes then look into a leak detection pump assembly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The C100A is for the LF wheel speed sensor. What about that code?

Sorry about that, I typed wrong, I meant LF Speed sensor to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but my initiation question had both codes C100A LF wheel speed sensor circuit and C1015 RF wheel speed sensor circuit.

I thought I saw that. Trying to answer for three issues confused me for a minute. Circuit codes that are not always present on that vehicle are always sensors going bad. There's different codes if the tone wheels were messed up. Circuit codes indicate bad sensors or in some cases bad wiring. SO id trace the wires from both front sensors and be sure that part is good then move onto replacing them.