Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

The lights in the dash flicker on and off. I changed the

Customer Question

the lights in the dash flicker on and off. I changed the ignition switch and it stopped for like 3 weeks. now it is doing it again.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. This can happen when customers have 8 or 9 questions asked and answered and only compensated the expert once thru giving a positive rating. Continued poor accept rates can result in ALL experts ignoring future questions as they know that they will not be compensated for their time or services.

Please note that even with a subscription service you need to give ratings to experts so that they are compensated- however you are NOT charged additionally when you have the subscription service

You need to check the connection behind the instrument cluster for any damaged wiring and repair as needed. If ok, check wiring and connector at dimmer switch and repair. If ok, then you will need to replace the dimmer switch itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ty for info I dint know I needed to rate them, im sorry. and some I haven't rated due to haven't been able to fix them with the responses.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, sounds good and always glad to help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the lights flicker in the ips like they all come on tach stops for second then back to normal . sorry I wasn't very descriptive I alreadt changed ignition key and lock dint do it for 2 weeks till now
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took all dash out. I checked every wire and then wiggled every harness could not duplicate problem. customer says he will be driving along and every light in the ipc will come on and all the gauges will go all over back forth. then it will be ok for few days. any ideas