Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 98 dodge ram 1500 5.9l gas and we just put a new

Customer Question

I have a 98 dodge ram 1500 5.9l gas and we just put a new motor in the truck and it is telling us loss of camshaft crank what does that mean
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it starts and will idle but it idles ruff and it backfires on us I just need to know so I can buy the right part and not the wrong one
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Did you get the distributor (cam sensor) sync'd properly?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.

What is the actual "P" code you are getting?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.

If you did not set the distributor up correctly, then you can get that code.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris