Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Have a 5.9 dodge engine and when it gets wam it stalls but

Customer Question

have a 5.9 dodge engine and when it gets wam it stalls but will restart
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. There are 3 things that will cause this : 1 a failing PCM, 2 a failing crank shaft position sensor, or 3 a failing cam sensor in the distribuor. Do this: ask your auto parts store to read the trouble codes. If there is a code for cam or crank sensor, then replace the appropriate one. If there are no codes, then suspect the PCM and have it replaced. I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was the convertor so this was a waste of time. thanks any way