Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2002 dodge Durango SLT 5.9 4X4 replaced the PCM vehicle

Customer Question

2002 dodge Durango SLT 5.9 4X4 replaced the PCM vehicle starts rite up but stalls after 3-4 seconds
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. This happens because the VIN needs to be programmed into the new PCM after it is installed. If not, the engine will start and stall just like you are describing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok how do I program the VIN into the PCM? the pcm that I installed is from a junk yard identical vehicle ( same #'s on the new pcm as the original pcm)
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

This is done using the factory scanner.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You could call around to the local shops in your area to see if they can do this for you.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?