Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Am planing on installing k&n cold air intake on my 2014 ram

Customer Question
Hi Brad am planing on...
Hi Brad am planing on installing k&n cold air intake on my 2014 ram 1500 slt. Just going over the instructions and it says to write down all the memory settings before disconnecting the negative battery cable. Also suggests to acquire the anti theft code before starting. How can I retrieve it.? I can't see it anywhere in the manual,thanks.
Tony
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
9/7/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The anti theft code usually needs obtained from a dealer.In some cases the dealer actually has to plug in their computer and program the anti theft code in as there is no manual entry.Usually if you stop by a dealer and show them proof of ownership and a photo ID and tell them what you are doing they can usually get the code for you or tell you for sure if this will have to be reprogrammed by them to install the code after you are done.

These are general instructions letting you know any drivers settings and radio settings set will be wiped out when you disconnect the battery and you will have to reset all of these after the repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Thank you for your response Pete. Is it really necessary to disconnect the cable.? What difference does make. The point of doing the install myself is too avoid expensive dealer programming fees.

Most repairs tell you to disconnect the cable but I have got around doing this before as long as I am not working with a battery positive power signal.In this case I don't think you need to disconnect it for this here.Just make sure you don't short out any voltage source areas.

Pete, Auto Service Technician