Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 3.5 litre 2006 Dodge charger which I bought brand

Customer Question

I have a 3.5 litre 2006 Dodge charger which I bought brand new. Engine light came on at 45k was told not to worry about it. Now I have 118k light still on and was told I need new plenum due to running valves are in the plastic plenum not on the side of the manifold like previous models. Is there a way to fix this problem with an upgrade that will pig tail into my computer?
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
I assume you mean installing another year intake plenum.
If so, according to my interchange book, you cannot use one from 2008-10, but let me see if I have any handy to measure the bolt holes and see if they will match up or not
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response. I appreciate checking the bolt pattern. I would think graphing a later model manifold with seperate running valves could be the answer to keeping my 2006 stock. Is there a high performance answer that will keep my computer function without bypassing the engine light?