-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2002 dodge ram 1500 4x4 quad cab 4.7 engine--security light

Customer Question

2002 dodge ram 1500 4x4 quad cab 4.7 engine--security light blinks slow like it is armed-bought truck this way ,never been a problem runs fine--however this weekend unhooked battery to clean cables and when rehooked now alarm is set-flashing headlights,horn beeping -will start and run--nothing i do can turn it off.I have no key fob-I need to know how to delete the alarm system-dont need it-dont need to know how to reset it--i want it deleted--dealer wants me to tow it in and 110.00 per hr will look at it-sorry no way.NEED HELP -I am a good mechanic-fact just put new timing chains in Thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

Do you have a scantool to see what codes are in the SKIM module? Do you have another key to try? What is the last 8 of your VIN?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no scan tool--only 1 key--2g158641
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

That VIN comes back on a Black 2002 Ram with a 4.7 engine.. I have attached a update for the FCM to address this issue..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh ,so i still have to go to dealer so they can get there 200.00
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Well to be honest the proper way to diagnose and repair the security issue you have is to first connect a DRBIII and see what last tripped the alarm and to retrieve any codes it has..

If it shows nothing has tripped it then I would update the FCM to correct your issues, and if it has any codes then you would need to run the diagnostics for the code to determine the cause...

Let me know if I can help,

Brad