Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 99 Dodge Ram Van 3500 with a 5.2L engine. I just

Customer Question

I have a 99 Dodge Ram Van 3500 with a 5.2L engine. I just changed the brake line and now the van will not start. I hear two click sounds when I would try to start the engine. One of the sounds came from a relay which I changed but did not fix the problem. I also bought a new battery. I have spent some time reading on the internet. I have seen possible problems being transmission sensors, ignition switches, and more. I checked the Starter, checked the fuses, moved around several relays, smelled for any odd smells. I am not sure what to try next. I noticed the ABS and brake light come on after the click sound but then blink back off again. The radio also loses power while I am try to start the van. I don't know if that is normal or not.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Start first with checking power into the starter relay with the key in the crank position. I have enclosed the steps to do so in the link below, I have also enclosed the start circuit wiring diagram for reference. Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20crank%20Aug%2027.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Starter%20diagram%20Aug%2027.pdf