Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 08 dodge with the 6.7 I had done some welding on

Customer Question
Hello, I have a 08...
Hello, I have a 08 dodge with the 6.7 I had done some welding on the exhaust then after about 500 miles it started acting up to it to a friend and found that #1,5,&6 injectors were firing under spec so changed them out and found metal particles in injection pump so changed it. Then it would only start with ether, seems like the exam was fried and was told that it sometimes happens when working on fuel system that it would go out, so frustrated and getting low on funds I changed it out and it still will only run on ether??? Any help please
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 day by:
8/28/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Metal flakes in the fuel system is not good. That can take out the low pressure and high pressure pump as well as the injectors. Do you have access to a diagnostic tool that can monitor the injector pump actual and desired fuel pressure?

It seems like we are not done yet. If your still wanting/needing help, I m still available.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician