Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

I am thinking about adding a fuel filter adapter to allow

Customer Question

I am thinking about adding a fuel filter adapter to allow the use of a two micron CAT filter on my 2006 Dodge RAM 5.9L. I just replaced all the injectors and I would like to maximize the life of these new units. Thoughts?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.

Hello!

I do that mod often. I mount the filter to the bed in front of the rear left tire then plum the lines from the sender to it. Then you can remove the underhood fuel filter if you want.

Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.

But be sure you are using the large cat filters.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does this filter eliminate the normal fuel filter or supplement it?
Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay.

A filter that small of a micron is the only filter you will need for the whole system.