Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

1500 DODGE RAM TRUCK 4X4 5.2 RUNS GOOD THEN IT WILL SHUT OFF

Customer Question

1500 DODGE RAM TRUCK 4X4 5.2 RUNS GOOD THEN IT WILL SHUT OFF EVERYTHING STILL LIT UP ON DASH PULL OVER TRY TO START CODE NO BUS LET SIT COOL DOWN THEN WILL START DRIVE AWAY DOWN YHE ROAD WILL DO THE SAME THING IF YOU RUN COADS NO CODES SHOW UP WHEN CODE NO BUS COMES ON ITS IN THJE ODOMADOR IS MY PCM GOING BAD
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. YES, the PCM can in fact go bad causing this NO BUS message. Also, a bad instrument cluster, a bad BCM or another bad module on board can also cause this NO BUS message as well. In addition, sometimes the camshaft and or crankshaft position sensor can short out pulling the PCM off line causing this NO BUS message too. I would start by checking these sensors first and rule these out before replacing any computer on board the vehicle.

Amedee

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HOW TO TEST SENSORS OTHER PEOPLE TRIED SENSORS DID NOT FIX
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! You can test these sensors a few different ways. You can use a lab scope.. but I suspect you dont have one of these.. so you can use a voltmeter instead to check the signal from these sensors. However, if one of these sensors shorts out causing this problem, you can simply disconnect the connector going to this sensor and this should allow the PCM to "wake up". All you need to do when this happens is disconnect the senor connectors, turn the key off (to reset the PCM) and then turn it back on to see if the NO BUS message is gone. If so, the sensor that has been disconnected from the harness is bad and will need to be replaced.

Amedee

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know.

Amedee

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Amedee