Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2005 Dodge Neon SXT (auto) that makes a

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Dodge Neon SXT (auto) that makes a grinding/vibrating sound when accelerating. It only does it around 2.5-3 RPM. And only below 45 mph. I had replaced the CV axle (it was leaking) on the passenger side because the sound was coming from there and especially when turning left (although the sound was coming from front right). This week the timing belt was replaced and now the sound got a bit worse. Right now the same noise is happening but not necessarily while turning. It happens whenever I accelerate rapidly. I can feel a very very slight vibration on the gas pedal when it happens. It almost sounds like something is loose. My mechanic checked the cv axle and the lower strut mount and couldn't find the source of the noise. We are going to lift the car tomorrow and try to replicate the noise. What do you think it can be?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Without hearing the noise myself, it is hard to say. It could be a loose/bad wheel bearing, it could be a bad pulley/bearing under the hood (water pump, AC compressor, tensioner etc..) or it could be something inside the transmission. However, if the problem changed or got worse when the timing belt was replaced, I would suspect that the problem is going to be related to the timing belt or at least close to that area. Can you take a video of this and post it on youtube and send me the link? Or I can send over my contact information and you can send it directly to my phone.

Amedee

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know.

Amedee

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

Amedee

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!