Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

OK. Third time asking about this issue. I have 2007 Dodge

Customer Question
Magnum SXT RWD 3.5L HO...
OK. Third time asking about this issue. I have 2007 Dodge Magnum SXT RWD 3.5L HO. Was receiving P1004 and P1005. Removed and cleaned Intake Manifold Tuning Valve (MTV) and Short Runner Valve (SRV). Ended up replacing both MTV and SRV with new Mopar parts.
Now vehicle is giving P2017, P2077, P2078, P1004, P1005. Performed the following and all passed. (K136) MTV CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE (K136) MTV CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND (K136) MTV CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE (Z816) GROUND CIRCUIT
OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE I do NOT have access to Factory Chrylser DRB III or Starscan tools. I cannot find any detailed information on how the PCM controls the MTV and the SRV. From what I have read, the MTV/SRV operate per preprogrammed data (open loop) until
operating temperature is reached, then they operate based on data input from various sensors, including the O2 sensors (closed loop). I cleared all codes and began driving the vehicle from cold condition. Once vehicle reached operating temp. the MIL light
came on. It seems that something in the closed loop is causing the problems, i.e,, O2 sensor, etc. Does anyone have any detailed info on what and how exactly the PCM controls the MTV/SRV during both open and closed loops? controls MTV and SRV
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
8/22/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 2 years ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Hello, my name is Mark.
Chrysler issued a Technical service bulletin on this subject and there is updated software for the PCM. Have you had your PCM software updated?
If not, then that is your first step.
I hope that helps to answer your question, but if you need anything further please reply back to me. Thanks!
Took it in last month for just that reason

Sorry for the delay it was a regular work day for me. If you are still having these issues after the software update, then replacement of the intake manifold is required, as outlined in the service bulletin.

Do you have the TSB number or a an address where I can read it? I took to local dealer for them to update PCM. They said they did. I replaced both the Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Solenoid as well as the Short Runner Valve Solenoid. Right now the #1 DTC appears to be the P2017.
Is it just the upper intake manifold that calls for replacement? I don't see why the upper intake manifold would need replacing, it just a sealed plastic part. The butterfly valves move freely, it seems. Perhaps they bind when installed. I cleaned the inside and the valves pretty good. I am just learning this OBD2 stuff. I have an Innova 31703 Carscan tool. It generates a pretty nice report. If I attach a copy of the report would you be able to look at it? The report indicates that the STFT B1 = 7.8%, LTFT B1 = 2.3%, STFT B2=3.9%, LTFT B2=3.9%. The STFT B1 seems to be inconsistent with the rest. Any ideas?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, some unexpected issues arose on my end.

If you still need help with this I'd be glad to look over whatever report you have. Also the TSB # ***** ***** REV. A.

Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician