AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

How do i change belt on 2001 Dodge Dakota 6

Customer Question

how do i change belt on 2001 Dodge Dakota 6
Category: Dodge
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Your truck should have an automatic belt tensioner. Locate the tensioner and, using a socket and breaker bar or large ratchet on the mounting bolt of the automatic tensioner, rotate clockwise to take tension off the belt (be prepared. you will have to put some muscle in it. The auto tensioner spring is pretty strong). With tension off the belt, remove the belt from the idler pulley first then all other pulleys and remove from the truck. I have attached an illustration for you. If you need any further assistance, I will be more than happy to help.

Hello. Just checking to see if you had gotten your issue resolved or if you needed more assistance?