Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2012 Dodge Challenger. ABS and Traction Control lights on.

Customer Question

2012 Dodge Challenger. ABS and Traction Control lights on. Started out intermittent. Took it the dealer and they replaced wheel speed sensor. Now it's on constantly. Then they replaced ABS module. No change. Then they replaced the wheel speed sensor...again, thinking they got bad one the first time. No change. Then they contacted Chrysler and were told to replaced the rear axle or drive shaft? Again, no change. Into this 6 weeks now and NOBODY can figure it out.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both wheel speed sensors included the entire harness.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removing the negative battey cable and then reconnecting made no difference.
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Have they looked into the steering wheel angle sensor? Although rare, a bad or out of calibration steering angle sensor could cause these symptoms. It can usually be re-calibrated by starting the engine, centering the steering wheel, turning all the way to the left, then all the way to the right, then centering the steering wheel again. shut off the engine then start the engine again and go on a test drive. If the calibration procedure was successful and was the problem, the lights should go off. please try this and let me know what happens. Hoping for the best. Sounds like you have been through enough!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually tried this two days ago after reading about it on a forum. Didn't work.
I am sorry to hear that. I will opt out and hopefully somebody here has the answer. good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Different expert here.
I dont see the following mentioned - all hub bearings need to be checked for excess play or excess runout that will cause intermittent readings and if ok, check the wheel speed sensor ends for chips or cracks as well as the reluctor rings for chips or cracks in the ring or teeth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All of those were thoroughly checked before the installed the 2nd wheel sensor. The mechanic that's working on it is certified and very conscientious. He's is just really stumped. Chrysler has been very slow to respond to him with ideas. They are now suggesting yet another, (3rd) wheel sensor.