sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 99 dodge cummins ...have replaced lift pump, and

Customer Question

I have a 99 dodge cummins ...have replaced lift pump, and v44 pump. truck ran fine. Then it will not start only crank like it is airlocked for a day or two then start right up and run. does this regularly. anyway to test the module to determine if this is electrical? or test the v44 pump to insure it is working .
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If you do have fuel to the injector pump but the engine doesn't run then the problem is either the pump itself or the pump module may be missing power or ground due to a wiring or relay issue. The fact that it ran fine initially after replacing the pump leads me to believe the issue is still with the pump.
Any electrical failure with the electrical part of the fuel system will set a fault code, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes are setting in the ECM. Do you know what codes are currently setting?