Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2004 Dakota 4.7 and I am trying to locate the IAT

Customer Question
sensor. I believe it...
I have a 2004 Dakota 4.7 and I am trying to locate the IAT sensor. I believe it is in the air intake but the wire colors aren't right.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
8/8/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Ron Z., - Dodge Tech - replied 2 years ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...
On this vehicle, the IAT sensor is mounted to the intake on the top driver's side, just to the side of the throttle body. CLICK HERE for an image. At the IAT sensor, the wire colors are:
Black/Red = IAT Signal ( + )
Black/Light Blue = Sensor Ground ( - )
Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.

If you read my question you would know this is not the correct answer
Dodge Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics

There are only "2" engines listed for the "2004 Dodge Dakota" 3.7 & 4.7
BOTH have the same IAT wiring colors from Dodge ....BLACK / RED & BLACK / LIGHT BLUE.

The above Expert is correct in the location & wiring colors, "UNLESS" you are not forthcoming of the Engine year or size, have not actually found the IAT Plug or something is changed on your vehicle.
We cannot see or touch your vehicle & we post Honest & correct answers from the information you provide.
Posting : I believe it is in the air intake but the wire colors aren't right.
Does not help us to understand what you are looking at.
There are "2" different types IAT.....screw in & clip in
Here is straight from the Dodge Factory Service Manual:
click Attachment below
Please post back with more questions, but not with remarks that help no one

I really do understand your response. The problem is the sensor is not where everyone says it should be. I believe it is just forward of the sensors in the throttle body. It is in place horizontally in the air intake throat just before the throttle body. An I do have a 4.7 VB engine that has not been modified in any way whatsoever.

95263d69-bb65-4210-90f6-589433f8d43e_iat11.png

provides the "exact location" of the IAT for the 4.7
Perhaps the way it is viewed in the vehicle may be throwing you off, but all the 4.7's I have worked on are in that location

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch