sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2008 Dodge Charger I had problems with it bout a

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Dodge Charger I had problems with it bout a month ago with the check engine light, brake light, abs light, and esp light coming on and the headlights wouldn't work or windshield wipers or speedometer and would stay in one gear I had it looked at and they said my abs module was bad and replaced it was great now it's only been a month and I'm experiencing this again what could b causing these problems?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds as if you have a bus communication issue. The modules all communicate over two, two wire networks. If communication goes down then warning lights will come on for the modules that aren't communicating, the headlights and wipers will come on for safety if the CAN B network goes down. With your combination of symptoms it sounds like both networks are going down.
A short to power or ground on the bus wires will take down communication. This could be a wiring issue or internal failure in a module and it will take in depth testing of the network and modules at the time the problem is happening to determine what is going on. If both networks are being lost at the same time there is a good chance the problem is in the TIPM, the module/fuse box under the hood.