Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I have a 2008 Winnebago View powered by a 2007 Dodge

Customer Question

i have a 2008 Winnebago View powered by a 2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 (gasoline engine) chassis. The check engine light came on today. Oil level looks fine. Not sure what the issue is. I am 700 miles from home and am on a cross country roadtrip.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
At this time, it would be best to have it scanned... My recommendation at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can have these Codes read for FREE at a nearby auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). They will read codes for you and give you a printout if requested. If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert