Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Glow plug light stays on and dings 5 times when first started

Customer Question
on '07 dodge 2500 cummins...
glow plug light stays on and dings 5 times when first started on '07 dodge 2500 cummins
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
7/28/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
the glow plugs will need to be checked, you either have a faulty glow plug or a faulty glow plug wiring circuit. i recommend to replace the glow plugs if you have never changed them, and also test to make sure the wiring gets 12 v at each plug end when the key is turned on,. hope this helps, Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.
there are not actual glow plugs in my cummins engine can you ask someone who may know the machine a little better
Oh my apologies. I will opt out. Sorry for the mistake. Please hold on and another expert will assist.
I have opted out. Another expert will be along.
Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician