Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I put a 92 5.2 in my sons 99 dodge ram that came stock with

Customer Question

I put a 92 5.2 in my sons 99 dodge ram that came stock with a 3.9. I have managed to get it running but I think I did something wrong with the vacuum. The brakes are not working properly and neither is the throttle.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
Did you use the same PCM as was for the 3.9?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. I bought a pcm for a 99 dodge 5.2 . I ran new wire for number 7 and 8 cylinders
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
The intakes for the 3.9 and 5.2 look the same.. You just need to run the bigger hose to the side of it to the brake booster.. Does it have good vacuum at idle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not tested the vacuum. How much vacuum should I expect to have? I will need to get a tester. Any suggestions on which one? I do have the breaks booster line hooked up to the middle port on drivers side.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
It should be around 18in/hg