Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Police charger: 07 charger police one driving it other day

Customer Question
07 charger police one driving...
07 charger police one driving it other day just like went to neutral itself but said drive and will not go in any gear stays like it's still neutral till u go put in park then it makes a clicking grinding noise was could it be
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
7/26/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 2 years ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert
I have been researching your concern and now have a bit of information for you...Let me know if you are missing any info or need an explanation of anything posted here...
The chargers are equipped with "Rubber" universal joints on the driveline. What I suspect has happened is that one of the Universal Joints has failed.
To find out for sure, you must raise the vehicle and inspect the driveline and inspect both the front and rear rubber universal joints, also rotate the driveline to see if you can find the point of failure...
Run this test if possible and let me know what you find. IF that wasn't it, I may have some other ideas for you....
Keep me posted and let me know if you have additional questions...
Thank you,
Robert
______________________________________
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer!
Thank you!
Robert
This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.
If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark My Profile Page (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it.
If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.
If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...
If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.
My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future.
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert
Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master