Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2004.5 ram 3500: 2004.5 ram 3500 driving 70 miles hr lost throttle

Customer Question

2004.5 ram 3500 driving 70 miles hr lost throttle response for 3-4 seconds then get it back. happened 4-5 times in about 20 miles had 3/8 tank of fuel but decided to stop an get some just incase gauge bad. when i slowed down to pull off truck died coasted to stop will not start just turn over. hauled home on wrecker figured fuel pump or filter. Could not hear fuel pump run when when bumping starter and leaving key on also no fuel coming through filter. Pulled pump checked it with jumper wires it runs fine (in tank pump). Checked plug going into pump not getting power. checked all fuses in fuse box all good. Is there a sensor that could be out not letting it get power? in line fuse? also no service engine light came on
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Which engine do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
5.9 24 valve (600)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cummins
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I you fill the fuel filter housing then cap it, will it then run briefly. Are you saying the fuel shut off solenoid on the injector pump ha no power? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris