Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Challenger: I have 2010 dodge challenger and the instrument

Customer Question

I have 2010 dodge challenger and the instrument cluster lights won't work. The evic centre and nav all dim fine.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Are these the lights that are on during the day or the ones on during the night when the headlights are on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for getting back to me Moose. I apologise for not being very specific previously but I was referring to my problem when I turn my headlights on at night. The backlight for the speedometer, tach, fuel, temp are all dark while the evic centre, P-R-N-D display, and the centre nav clusters (entertainment, climate controls, etc) all have light. Those ones even have normal operation when using the dimmer roller to adjust intensity.For what its worth, I don't have the "auto" feature for my headlights.
Since the other lamps are working and able to adjust the light intensity, that indicates its the cluster that is to blame for this non operational back lighting. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris, I'm not too sure if my phone call request was processed but is the instrument cluster a sealed unit or does it serviceable lighting?
I do not do phone calls, but can get you back on the long waiting list in hopes another responds.The illumination bulb is part of the circuit board, not serviceable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it a long shot to think that the circuit board can be replaced or do you have to replace the entire cluster? Where can one find step by step instructions to access and replace the cluster.
The complete cluster is the only way it comes, below are the steps.