Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Dodge nitro: I have Dodge nitro 2011. MIL light stays on. Car

Customer Question

I have Dodge nitro 2011. MIL light stays on. Car hesitate and grumble sound.Drives hard. Recently had throttle work due to car would start and immediately die. This did not correct the problem. Is it the engine?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The check engine light come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer system will set and store a fault code and or codes, in order to determine where to start with the diagnosis you are going to need to have the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. Most auto part store besides those in California will perform the scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the actual fault code and or codes I can direct you to the proper steps to get this resolved.