Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Here it is, ac only cool day. Recharge it ans found

Customer Question
Here it is, ac only...
Here it is, ac only cool for a day. Recharge it ans found leak, replaces HP hose, charge lasts biut a week. Recharge fine leakie low pressure valve, replaced it. Leak check good. Each time just before she was not cooling fumes what part out of the vents.
Do now iam stuck on what it could be.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
7/24/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I am having a problem trying to understand exactly where you are trying to say, are you saying when it stops cooling you are getting fumes coming out of the vent, post back with a clear description and I will try and help you get this problem resolved.
it starts about 30min before it stops blowing cold. Just replaced low side valve core yesterday. Buy time i got back from driving 45min fumes blow again out the vent, (looked like our breath does in cold weather) then no more cold within 20 min. Checked pressure again and it read 0.
Okay when it does this is the system pressure still reading full?
Yes. Now it could be just humidity here causing the vabors i think. But i donnt know. Just seems funny that just 20 min after it happens i loose all cold air...
Is the compressor still running when it loses all cold air and can you install a set of Ac gauges and read the actual pressures? Normal pressure on a properly charged system needs to be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and 200 to 225 on the high side. Let me know and we can work from there.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician