Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Dodge Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years of Dodge Technician experience. I know these cars in great detail.
9795573

Plymouth: new rebuilt motor primed oil system dribles out of

Customer Question

new rebuilt motor primed oil system dribles out of sending unit hole but right head gets good oil flow and in valley oil movement but left almost no oil and it seems to have a lot of air in oil 426 hemi .60 over 12 1/2 compreission
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background,and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time. I have worked on a lot of these through the years. I have collected/raced big block Mopars since the late 70's. Can you tell me a little about the oil system, is is an external pickup, or does it used the stock type pickup tube in the block. What type of pump is it, and what direction did you turn the pump to prime. Any little details can help. Also this might be a good problem to take up on the phone, we can cover a lot of ground fast that way.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I saw you requested a phone call, can you let me know what time works for you. We can get together. I have worked on and modified the oil systems on these engines extensively. I have a couple of 426 Hemi blocks for reference if I need to look at them to solve a problem. Let me know what works for you.
Did you get this figured out, let me know if I can help. There is a cross over passage that takes the oil to the left side, the oil pump directly oils the right side first.