Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Jeep Grand Cherokee: Just had a auto shop rebuild my 04 Jeep

Customer Question

Just had a auto shop rebuild my 04 Jeep GC4.7L engine. When they tried to fire it up, it would not start. ODBII code read, crank sensor, they replaced it, still would not start. Now they say the timing maybe 180 degrees out. Did they damage the new parts when they tried to start it? Could they have used the tdc on compression instead of the exhaust stroke?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! If they set the timing 180 degrees off, it is possible that some valves were damaged. The only way to find out is to do a compression test. If it is good, then no parts were damaged. If the compression is low, then valves were damaged. If they determine that the valves were damaged, then they need to fix it on their dime.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!Thank you! Chris