Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

A/c blows cold then warm. I just replace the compressor, added

Customer Question

a/c blows cold then warm. I just replace the compressor, added freon. when you first run the A/C it's cold, then the air turn warm. The old compressor clutch burnt out. Could it be something electrical caused by the old one?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,Do you have gauges to put on the system to read the high and low pressures?Did you use a machine to add the freon and if so how much?What model, year and engine size is this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my name is***** we used a gauge on the system to read high and low pressures. No we did not use a machine to add freon. The model is 2005 Dodge Caravan 2.4 engine.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thanks for the information George, can you tell me what the high side pressure is when the system is working and when it turns off please?