Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nitro: the latch on my lift gate stuck closed. I have a 2010…

Customer Question
the latch on my lift...
the latch on my lift gate stuck closed. I have a 2010 dodge nitro
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
7/7/2015
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Most likely the lock actuator on the latch has failed and is preventing it from unlocking. If that's the case then the latch will need to be replaced.
Just behind the latch on the trim panel is a small pop out cover. Behind this is a white plastic piece that you can insert a screwdriver into and manually unlock the latch. If you find this will not rotate then the lock actuator has failed and the latch will need to be replaced.