sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Neon se: my 2003 neon I put the key in to start the car aand

Customer Question

my 2003 neon I put the key in to start the car aand the key wont turn and the steering wheel is not locked.how can I get it to srtart
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I really need to get the car back home its broke down away from home as we speak please help fast
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the steering column isn't locked in a way that's binding the interlock linkage and there is no physical damage to the key then the issue is a stuck tumbler in the lock cylinder. The lock cylinder will need to be replaced but you may be able to free it up temporarily.
Spray some penetrating oil directly into the lock cylinder. Then insert the key and run it in and out a few times quickly. You can repeat this a couple times and then insert the key fully and give it a few sharp taps. This will often knock a stuck tumbler loose.