sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Ram 1500: I have a 2015 ram 1500 limited 4x4 with trailer tow

Customer Question

I have a 2015 ram 1500 limited 4x4 with trailer tow mirrors. I want to install the power folding mirrors instead. I have the mirrors, the door modules, the door switch with power fold button. I need to get the BCM flashed to recognize the mirrors and button. My local dealer gives me zero faith in their ability to handle this. Is there a source you can recommend?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 2 years ago.
this is NOTR a conversion that c be done, you see these are NOT your dads chevy and you can just swap over any part or computer and it will work,your truck have 50 computers that all talk to each other and when ever an accessory is added the truck MUST be programmed to accept it via a sales code and download, here's the problem, the sales code CANNOT BE ADDED by the dealer unless it is a genuine factory ACCESSORY KIT,those door modules you have are shipped BLANK and must be programmed to the truck and if power folding mirrors were a factory add on kit there would be only a mirror install and quick reprogram, since the dealer is very limited (with very good reason) in the sales codes they can install and there is NO sales code available to the dealer the swap will never operate, ONLY a factory engineer or a factory tech advisor or a factory instructor can add sales codes at will and never do so without a good reason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the info is all on the web. I found it after reaching out to just answer. The only prob Is that my local dealer has the same view as you. It's just that I gotta go to a dealer that is further from home to get to one that will change the sales code that is documented on line.
Expert:  bill replied 2 years ago.
okif you believe everything on the internet go ahead BUT as a master dodge tech since 1989 I know for a fact this is not possible swap since NO dealer will have the sales codes available to them.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I haven't seen this done on a 2015 truck yet but it has worked in the past. The first thing that will need to be done is add the sales code to the VIN and then the dealer will need to update the truck's build configuration. Only after that can you install the door modules. If the modules are installed before the build configuration is updated, when the modules learn configuration from the VIN they will learn your original configuration.