-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Grand Caravan: Bought a "new" 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan. I received

Customer Question

Bought a "new" 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan. I received a P0441 on it soon after I bought it.
I tested for 5 volts by back pinning the connector and did not read anything. I replaced the NVLD and measured with the key off, still no 5 volts. I have not received the check engine light, but I think it is a matter of time.
I bought the 2 volume shop manual and do not see any good troubleshooting explanation of these circuits. The Internet is not the best resource either.
The manual shows the voltage is from the PCM. What should I do next? Is there logic that prevents the 5 volts from being generated?
When is the vacuum test run? It seems like it comes in after driving for an hour or so.
Where is the breather located? I want to make sure that is not clogged.
Thanks so much for your time. Have u thought about an online course for things like this?
Should I run a vacuum test next?
I do not want to send to a dealership and have them easter egg replacing parts.
Thanks
Bill Nowicki
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
Have you run the diagnostics for the code yet, or just tried replacing some parts? If not here is the test you need to run to find the issue..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
P0441
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No other codes
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pdf is great, thanks. I will run the vacuum test...
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome.. If it was here at me dealership I would run the diagnostics for find the problem... If you need anymore assistance don't hesitate to reply.Have a greatday,Brad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I understand. I hope I could do some of it on my own to save some $. I do not trust the dealerships. Knowledge is power as we used to say in the Navy. Lol
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
Glad I could help..Brad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ran the vacuum test. Could not pull a vacuum on the system. I did read 5 volts on the NVLD switch with the iginition off and 10 volts with the ignition on. Probably need to run a smoke test...
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
A smoke test will probably help::
Let me know if you need anymore assistance.
Brad