sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dakota: I own a used 2003 Dakota quad cab 4x4. After a rain

Customer Question

I own a used 2003 Dakota quad cab 4x4. After a rain storm (which I can find no sign of water entry) I turn my light switch on and the cargo light indicator came on, follow by the horn blaring continually until I turn the light switch off. This continued though out the day but now just the cargo light shows up. The engine was replaced by dealer and I have found several bonding straps unattached. The light variable control seems to be a little gritty also. Would you say the switch is bad or should I look else where and are the bonding straps needed.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
With your symptoms I would first suspect the central timer module. The CTM is located in the left kick panel and controls many of the electrical features on the truck. They sometimes will lock up and not work at all, they can cause items to actuate by themselves or some items to come on with others, such as the dome lamps flashing with the turn signals.
CTM issues can sometimes temporarily be remedied with a battery disconnect. Can you try a battery disconnect and see if anything changes?