How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask -Brad- Your Own Question
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Category: Dodge
Satisfied Customers: 7993
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
Type Your Dodge Question Here...
-Brad- is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dodge 1500 Ram: Daniel, I need a replacement gas tank (complete)

Customer Question

Daniel, I need a replacement gas tank (complete) for a 1997 Dodge 1500 RAM 5.2L pickup. Where can I find one, preferably a new unit, or a used one in good condition ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
What is the last 8 digits of your VIN so I can get a part number to get started?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the VIN!!
The OEM park number is ***** and it fits 1994-1997 Dodge Ram trucks 26 gal. It's discontinued so you will need to find a used one.. I searched and found a few pages of fuel tanks depending on your location.. Just go to and enter the year-make-model and what part you want and voila it will show the closest ones nearest you..
I hope this helps and if you need anymore assistance feel free to reply.
Have a great evening,