Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge 1500 Ram: Daniel, I need a replacement gas tank (complete)

Customer Question
Daniel, I need a replacement...
Daniel, I need a replacement gas tank (complete) for a 1997 Dodge 1500 RAM 5.2L pickup. Where can I find one, preferably a new unit, or a used one in good condition ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/30/2015
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 3 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
What is the last 8 digits of your VIN so I can get a part number to get started?
VG834451
Thanks for the VIN!!
The OEM park number is ***** and it fits 1994-1997 Dodge Ram trucks 26 gal. It's discontinued so you will need to find a used one.. I searched and found a few pages of fuel tanks depending on your location.. Just go to http://car-part.com/ and enter the year-make-model and what part you want and voila it will show the closest ones nearest you..
I hope this helps and if you need anymore assistance feel free to reply.
Have a great evening,
Brad