Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge Ram 1500: I have a 2002 Dodge Ram and it has started…

Customer Question
I have a 2002 Dodge...

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram and it has started blowing cold air only on the driver side and warm air on the passenger side. Then, while driving down the road it will go from blowing cold air and then just start blowing hot air out all vents. Also, the air is not blowing very hard out the vents, although the fan sounds like it is running full speed. I tried looking up information and decided it was probably the blend door. I took the dash out and could see that the recirculating door works and I know the mode door works because I can isolate the air to windshield, feet and vents. That leaves the blend door. I took the actuator off and moved the blend doors with my hands. They felt good. I put the actuator back on and turned from hot to cold and was able to watch the actuator rotate the rods that close and open the doors. I cannot physically see the doors close because I can't figure out how to get to them. If they open and close what else could it be? Although it seems to produce cold air, I still went ahead and checked the refrigerant pressure and it seems to be good. So it's got to be a problem on the inside. Suggestions?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/30/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Yes, I am still looking for suggestions. When I did not hear back from anyone, I took it to a mechanic yesterday and he was stumped. The thing that has us both confused is why the air will blow fairly hard on driver's vent, but barely blow on passenger's side. I really need to have this resolved today so I can get my truck back together before going to work tomorrow.
I agree it seems to be an issue in the dash. When you have the blower speed on high fresh or recirculated air, set to blow out the dash and its weak. It has to be coming out somewhere else like the floor or defrost. Have you checked that as well a check for panel registers where the tubing is not firmly connected? Do you have manual or auto climate control and are you able to control the drivers and passengers temp separate on your HVAC control? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris

I apologize for the delay, but I have been tied up on other things and have not had a chance to follow up on the questions above. I will get back to you as soon as I get a chance to get back to the truck.

No problem the post will not time and close from no rating till the 5th.
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician