sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge D150 pickup: 1982 dodge d150 pickup. passenger side

Customer Question

1982 dodge d150 pickup. passenger side rear brake light and turn signal light work on startup, but not in drive or reverse. Turn signal indicator still flashes. WTF?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert(s). The site said "Jerry" was online. I've got a sinking feeling about my 28 bucks being out the window.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want "jerry" dodge mech to call me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what bugs me is the misleading sense you'll get a quick answer, and then "no longer than a day." If I wanted to wait a day, I would never have paid in the first place.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I DO NOT WANT MY CURRENT DODGE MECHANIC, I WANT "JERRY" THE ONE ON THE SITE WHICH SAID HE IS ONLINE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i AM COMPLETE PISSED ABOUT YOUR NON RESPONSE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i will be contacting paypal. i want my money back.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I don't believe having the transmission in gear is what is causing the lights to not work, I believe this is when you're noticing it because you're holding the brake at that time. A poor ground to the bulb will cause what you're having.
The first thing you'll want to do is check the bulb and it's connections. It wasn't uncommon for corrosion to develop in the bulb sockets and cause this.
If there are no visible issues with the bulb and socket then you can try supplying a redundant ground at least for testing, and I believe you will see the problem go away.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sprinkles, I'm going to check the ground tomorrow. If that isn't it, I'll be back for more. I'm concerned about the paypal payment I made last night, and never got an answer. I'll rate you when I check the ground. If that is what;s wrong. O.K.?
Let me know how it goes!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This old truck is a three-year restoration and a daily driver. 225 slant six with clifford performance intake, weber 38dgas 2bbl, headers, I've got ten grand in it and ain't done yet. Looks brand new so this little deal with the signals is a big deal. The mechanics in this little burg leave a lot to be desired.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any way I can call you or is that against the policy?