Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Neon sxt: i have had a trans problem that sent my 2005 neon…

Customer Question
i have had a trans...
i have had a trans problem that sent my 2005 neon into limp mode had the code read at autozone had a p0700 and a p0750 code which is lr solenoid fault i replaced the shift solenoid and test drove the car today now the car feels as if its stuck in gear 1st or 2nd its hard to tell went to have code read again now i have a p0731 code not sure where to go now can you offer any advice or possible solution
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/27/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The code P0731 indicates there is a problem with the OSS (output speed sensor) and or the circuit to it and this can cause the type of problem you are having. I have enclosed the steps to test the senor and circuit in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open the link.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0731%20Jun%2027.pdf
Ron, ASE Certified Technician