Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge Caliber: How fast must you be driving before the driver's…

Customer Question
How fast must you be...
How fast must you be driving before the driver's airbag will deploy in a front end collision?
2008 Dodge Caliber
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/26/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics replied 3 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Air bags are typically designed to deploy in frontal and near-frontal collisions, which are comparable to hitting a solid barrier at approximately 8 to 14 miles per hour (mph).Moving vehicles apprx 28 miles per hourOccasionally, air bags can deploy due to the vehicles undercarriage violently striking a low object protruding above the roadway surface.It also depends on the "Impact" force.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..