sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge ram 1500: My check engine light is on in my 2012 dodge

Customer Question

My check engine light is on in my 2012 dodge ram and the eco is not working. The code coming up is p056
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Your fault code is missing a digit.
If it is P0562 that sets when battery voltage falls too low. This could be the battery itself or a draw or possibly a charging system issue, but if it wasn't charging then there should be more codes set and you'd be seeing the voltmeter drop to zero while driving.
If it's P0563 this code sets when battery voltage is too high. This could be the battery, alternator, or this will also set when the key is turned on with a battery charger hooked up.