Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Neon: 2000 4 cyl Neon, stripped . Runs strong @ 1st,

Customer Question
2000 4 cyl Neon, stripped...
2000 4 cyl Neon, stripped for racing. Runs strong @ 1st, gets warm & seems to skip & bog down. Have all factory, stock parts & have many new internal parts, including head, springs,
etc. Just ordered a new computer for it. Any input would be great! Thank You
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/25/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would start first with installing a fuel pressure gauge and monitoring the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. Normal fuel pressure should be right at 46 to 50 PSI, anything lower then 46 would indicate a failing fuel pump.If the fuel pressure checks okay then run a system scan on the computer and see if there are any fault codes setting and if so post back with the results and we can work from there.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician