Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

I have an 08 Ram 2x4 6 speed 3.7L . The truck was running

Customer Question

hello , I have an 08 Ram 2x4 6 speed 3.7L . The truck was running perfect when i came home from work and the next day when i started the truck a clicking/tapping sound was coming from the bell housing area. The sound fallows engine RPM while in gear or out of gear .
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Sounds like its probably either a cracked flex plate or the bolts holding it to the torque converter are loose.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello wayne , the truck has a manual trans 6 speed . I'm thinking a spring on the friction disk popped loose ! Dodge knows that the oem friction disk is weak and updated it from a 11" with 5 springs to a 12" with 10 springs.

Oh ok. Yeah with a manual you are probably right. If youre sure its coming from that area you may as well pull the transmission for inspection and figure on replacing the clutch and resurfacing the flywheel.