Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge Ram 1500 SLT: My name is

Customer Question
My name is ***** *****...
My name is ***** *****: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I purchased a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT truck on 05/29/2012. I kept the window sticker, which reads that the truck is equipped with a 32 gallon capacity fuel tank. Since the purchased date, I have yet to be able to buy 30 or 32 gallons of fuel. I have talked with Mr. Raul Flores (Service Mgr.) at Lone Star Dodge. He tells me that the tank is a 32 gallon capacity, and that I have to take into account that the tank has several operating items in the tank. That such items take up a lot of space and that I won't need to buy 30 or 32 gallons of fuel. I told him, that the most gallons I have purchased in the last three years is 22 gallons. On three occasions, I have bought 24 gallons. That being with my belief that I am running on fumes. I need to know of how much capacity (in gallons) is the true size of the tank.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/24/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Hi I'm Kevin the truck is listed with two options of tank one is 26 gallon the other is 32 gallon the 26 is fitted to short wheel base the 32 fitted to long wheel base it suspect you have the 26 as on my info the 32 is an added extra only dealer will know if fitted from factory