Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2000 dodge ram truck and it has started to stop without…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 dodge...
I have a 2000 dodge ram truck and it has started to stop without warning when im driving I can be at a light, driving or making a turn it will just stop. it dosent shake or anything. I have 98,000 miles on it I am a senior female so I don't drive a lot. I took it in to 2 places for a diagnostic no one knows whats wrong. it just sits in driveway now because I don't know what else to do. it will start back again after I let it sit for a while but could happen again that same day or sometimes not until months later.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'VE SENT IN MY QUESTION AND WAITING ON AN ANSWER DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE I SHOULD BE DOING AT THIS POINT MY NUMBER IS(###) ###-####E MAIL***@******.***
6/24/2015
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to die. If it's dying abruptly then you're most likely losing spark. Lost spark could be caused by the coil, cam or crank sensor, the ASD relay, powertrain control module and wiring.
The most likely cause for abrupt dying is a failing crank sensor, assuming the fuel gauge and voltmeter don't drop when the engine dies.
The firs step in diagnosing the problem is to see if any fault codes are setting. Do you know if any codes are setting?