Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2500 cummins: , so my trucks idles(###) ###-####rpm up and down…

Customer Question
Hi, so my trucks idles(###)...
Hi, so my trucks idles(###) ###-####rpm up and down continuously, and no throttle resonse.. Tps sensor ok, maybe vp pump? Thanx
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/23/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 3 years ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Yes, VP pump is definitely a possibility. To be sure you would need to scan the vehicle. Has it been scanned for codes yet? If it has, please post the codes that were retrieved here and we can go from there...
Thank you,
Robert
This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.
If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark My Profile Page (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it.
If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.
If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...
If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.
My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future.
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert